Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Making the most of each day

Each day is so precious to me. Yesterday, it was great to be able to work for half a day and attend a couple not-for-profit board meetings in the afternoon-evening. There is so much good to be done in the world and we have an opportunity to contribute to that good. I'm impressed by the quality of leadership and the sincere way in which volunteers and professionals serve our community. As this journey progresses, each day brings new opportunities to learn, but also new opportunities to serve. I love serving and hope each reading this finds some way to serve another person or organization today.

my dear companion serves me every day and provides encouragement and great hope. I thank her for this selfless devotion as it might be getting a little old after two and one half months. Enduring is a gift which she possesses. We head for the doctor's office in a bit to learn the next step of the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you both today....eager to hear the next step. Prayers abound on this beautiful, sunny day.

    Hugs,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete