Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Bump in the Road

On Tuesday we noticed a knot on Mike's head with quite a bit of swelling. Yesterday when we saw the radiation oncologist, she suggested that we see our surgeon soon. We went this morning and Mike has infection that has to be treated with surgery and IV antibiotics for many, many weeks. Mike was admitted to the hospital this morning. The surgery will be tomorrow afternoon.

The beach vacation isn't going to happen for Mike and I this year... but we will pray for next year! Hopefully our children will still make the trip...

We thought we were sailing along quite nicely... There is more for us to learn from this. Your thoughts and prayers would be so appreciated again. Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Nancy. I'm so sorry. I am glad you caught it before you were on the road. Our prayers are with you, as always. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, these bumps in the road and on the head must stop. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! I can't imagine what kind of stregth this must be taking. Please know we are here for anything! Our prayers will be focused on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I talked to Mike this morning and he was so excited and looking forward to the trip. My prayers are with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's a bummer. Good luck with the surgery -- you've had great luck so far, I see no reason for it disappear anytime soon. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so sorry. if there was anyway i could send the beach to you i would. we will be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete