Friday, July 17, 2009

A few days of reprieve

The doctor just left Mike's room. There will be no surgery today. The cultures that are growing in the lab are inconclusive as to what type of infection Mike has. The doctor wants to wait a few days to let the lab run more tests on the specimen. Mike is being discharged as I write. We feel very confident that the doctor has made the right decision. The surgery will probably still take place when the infection is pinpointed and the proper antibiotic can be administered.

Mike is elated that he won't be spending the week end in the hospital. We will see the doctor either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. Hopefully by then we will know what we are dealing with.

We have been assured that waiting will not make the situation worse. We appreciate the approach the doctor is taking in KNOWING what we are dealing with rather than just cutting into Mike's skull looking for the unknown.

Thanks to all of you who have prayed in our behalf today. We remain positive. Your faith coupled with ours is so uplifting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure glad I did't send my get well card to Room 6112 at BMH!!! Ha Ha! Trying to catch you in one place is tricky, I guess!

    It was good that you have a cautious doctor. My God watch over you as the results come back. You're such a man of strong faith and good works and I am proud to call you my brother.

    Love to you and Nance. We will hold you both close in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love Always,

    Jan & Wes

    ReplyDelete