Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good news!

We visited with the doctor. The cultures are still inconclusive. The appearance of the infection is looking so much better. The surgeon sent Mike down for his last radiation treatment (since he missed the one on Friday due to being in the hospital.) We saw the radiation oncologist who agreed the infection (or whatever it is) is much, much better. We are so grateful that there hasn't had to be a surgery yet. God has again blessed us with peace. Thank you for your continuing prayers. Our Heavenly Father has listened and will continue to listen - and answer.

Something I read last night which was a blessing to me: "Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best - better than does God. Or, at least we are asserting that our timetable is better than his. Either way we are questioning the reality of God's omniscience..."

8 comments:

  1. Hooray and PTL!!! Glad to hear the good news. Patience....a true virtue. Thinking of you both this beautiful day.

    Hugs,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! You both are amazing...I am thankful to be part of your family. I think of you everyday..many times a day.

    Love,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled here in the deep south. I too
    agree, be patient and of course "BREATHE".
    All is well.

    PKW

    Hi Mol

    ReplyDelete
  4. another miracle :) prayers will continue...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quote. How true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for daily updates. I try to stop by my office in the evenings to check on my brother and sis-in-law. I learn much by reading your thoughts and sharing on the blog. I am so proud to call you my brother and sis-in-law (the sister I always wanted, but never had)!
    You both are amazing and I love you.

    My computer balks every time I attempt to write
    anything on your blog! I hope that maybe tonight's message will transmit!

    All my love and prayers are with you.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What nice news. Our prayers continue. You are both such an inspiration. Happy Anniversary! (I know I'm late--sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear the good news. You have such faith . . . .your lives are in the Lord's hand and I know you feel His spirit with you. Thanks again for your willingness to share. It inspires and uplifts me.

    Much love,

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete