Friday, June 19, 2009

Someone over did it!

Mike was more tired last evening than he has been throughout this whole ordeal. He started sleeping about 8:30 on the couch. I woke him for his meds at 9:30 and then again at 10:00. We went to bed and he slept. He got up in the night and then went back to sleep. He did about 8 hours of office work yesterday including 2 or 3 meetings. I think he found out what happens when he pushes the limits!

Today we met with the nurse practitioner. Everything is fine except Mike has a thistle underneath his fingernail... Because of the treatments, they don't want Mike to get any kind of infection, so he is on an antibiotic and is soaking his finger twice a day. After just soaking it a bit this afternoon, I can see the end of the sticker, so I will operate later and pull it out :)

Mike has rested and done some work at home today. He is planning on another nap and then we are going to go to dinner at some friends' house.

I have had several people tell me that I look very tired recently. Honestly, I was exhausted last week. This week, I feel great. I am resting so much better and have even taken a nap or two this week. I think I have adjusted quite well to my new role as caregiver. I can't think of anyone I would rather take care of...

Just a few verses from another favorite hymn: These words epitomize Mike!

Because I have been given much, I too must give.
Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live.
I shall divide my gifts from thee, with every brother that I see
Who has the need of help from me.

Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care.
I cannot see another's lack and I not share.
My glowing fire, my loaf of bread, my roof's safe shelter over head,
That he too may be comforted.

Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord
I'll share thy love again, according to thy word.
I shall give love to those in need; I'll show that love by word and deed:
Thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment