Sunday, June 28, 2009

Healing

We been blessed yet again with a very restful day. Mike has had some good naps, as have I. We spent the morning at church and were uplifted by the things we heard. Our choir sang this morning and did an outstanding job. I don't think there is anything so soothing as good music.

My sister recommended that Mike listen to music when he rests as part of his healing process. She has been so kind to give us some great music on CDs. Thus far, I have listened to it more than Mike. I do believe in the power of healing through music. Hopefully this will be the week that Mike can listen too :)

Yesterday as I was looking at some pictures of friends, I was reminded of a favorite scripture of one of them... "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths." I am constantly amazed at how often I have been reminded of something, a verse, lyric, scripture, that will make both Mike and me feel better. We are stronger, have more courage and are happier because of lessons we have been taught by many of you. Thank you for sharing your music, scripture passages and words of wisdom with us. We love it!

Our family is in healing mode right now! We are learning so much and are grateful for the knowledge we have gained. Many, many good things are coming out of this situation.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy and Mike,

    Your reference to music made me think of some piano music that Maggie and I recently found. Check out this website: www.jonschmidt.com He has some wonderful music that we have come to enjoy. Maggie recently purchased some to add to her ipod. He also has some things on youtube.

    Hope you enjoy it!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike and Nancy-
    So happy to hear that things are going well and you are growing and becoming even stronger eopole. You continue to remain in my prayers and I can't wait to see you both in October for the wedding! Take care.
    My best, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Ellis family vacation is especially well deserved this year!! Abby will be home this weekend too, so we will walk over and check to see if the "weath" is on the door? PS: Mike...your strength is still amazing. SusanT:)

    ReplyDelete