Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Today was truly a day for Mike to labor...He started walking with a cane today! I went to his afternoon therapy session with him. I hadn't seen him walk for several days. He is doing marvelously! He still has quite a ways to go before his release date, but he is doing it. It is such hard work. It is great for us to see progress every day. Will and Maggie and their parents came for a visit today and it was so good for Mike to see them. We are so appreciative of family. Our children have been so solid throughout this ordeal. What fine adults they are!

Mike's brother, Rick, was taken off the ventilator today. He was able to speak and had no recollection of having a heart attack. We are so relieved that he is progressing so well. We believe in the power of prayer.

Tomorrow will be another day of labor...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news about Rick and Mike! And I've always thought canes were very distinguished. They make me think of gentlemen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What FUN for you both to see Maggie and Will! They are PRECIOUS....I imagine Mike and you smiled a lot. I cannot believe how much Maggie has changed. Hooray for the cane...Mike's "labor" is paying off. Have a great day today with visits, food, laughter, walking and talking. We are all with you each and every minute in SPIRIT.

    Prayers continue for Rick and Sally!

    Hugs,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to come back to continuing great news! Been out of the loop for awhile - helping Ryan and Samantha get happily married. Now I can get back to catching up with friends. You continue to be in our prayers. Hope your day is wonderful and your progressions continue to increase!

    With love,
    Carol & Mike Baker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm speechless. I can't tell you the joy I feel for all the Ellis family. And Rick too. I remember to this day hearing about Rick from JW about his "honor" spanish activities.

    Keep on BREATHING and all is well.

    PKW

    ReplyDelete