Saturday, September 12, 2009

Date night

Mike had a good day... We sat outside for quite a while this afternoon. He has been cold inside the hospital so the warm sun felt good to him. Andy joined us for most of our outing.

I made dinner for Mike tonight. I even took a table cloth for us :) Mike has not complained about the hospital food at all, but I know salmon and asparagus tasted good to him tonight... We had a nice visit.

We reminded each other that this time next week we will be eating at our own dining table together!

This hospital stay has been long and tiring on both of us. But, we are about to start yet another challenge... that of Mike managing at home. I know he will accomplish a lot this week in therapy. He and his physical therapist are coming to our home on Wednesday to see how well things work. We are making adjustments to our bathroom to accomodate Mike more safely. I am anxious to see if we need to make any other changes.

Again, we are so grateful to have wonderful people who care for us, pray for us and support us in so many ways. Thanks to all of you we are making it!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had a good day together, complete with Andy and the salmon!! The sun was gorgeous today so it is good that you both went outside and "made some vitamin D." I hope tomorrow brings more good energy to both of you...it really is time for Mike to get back home.

    Hugs,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was a wonderful date! And yay for going home soon, even if it will make things a bit more complicated. :) It will be nice to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that was Peruvian asparagus. We appreciate all the support to the local economy. Glad to hear about the progress you are making. Always moving in a positive direction. Have a great day. It's 3 AM and I have missionaries on the mind. Oh well.
    John

    ReplyDelete