With all of the concern that dad had about his new hair cut I couldn't help but feel for others who have to part with their hair for a similar diagnosis. My hair grows insainly fast and is super thick. Through the years I've donated my hair to "Locks of Love" multiple times and really felt like now would be a fitting time to do so again. I can't imagine being a little girl and having to go through loosing hair. I'm sure that there is someone out there who could use a nice blond curly wig.
Enough about me. I leave tomorrow evening, and having been the assistant nurse for the last few days I have some instructions for whom ever might be taking my place.
1. Mom will need to get away every day, someone will need to come hang out with dad.
2. Dad needs to be kept in check with the time he spends on the phone and computer.
3. Quick trips to Walgreens are seemingly always needed.
4. Dad loves visitors but we need to limit the amount people and time.
5. Mom has become a little OCD so clean up after yourself.
6. Answer the house phone after one ring.
7. Keep the dog quiet.
I'm sure that I'll have some parting thoughts tomorrow, but for now... Thanks for everything.