Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Happy Halloween... I have already eaten most of the Halloween candy. I just decided that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have lots of germs come into our house tonight. That said, I will now finish the candy :)

We will be having another MRI on Monday evening. Yesterday the doctor increased the steroid a bit and lo and behold, Mike woke up this morning with an appetite! Andy will stay with Mike for a while today. I have some things to do... I need to buy a clock with BIG numbers so Mike can see it from his bed.

It is so hard to believe that tomorrow is November. I will have to remember to set the clocks back tonight. I wonder if any of us will get another hour of sleep tonight?

4 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    Happy Halloween!! Good plan on not letting the ghosts and gobblins enter your house this year! Not so sure a sugar buzz is good for the main caregiver, you probably won't be able to sleep due to the sugar high you will be on! Thanks for reminding me about turning back the clocks...does that mean spring is right around the corner?? Maybe Will and Maggie can trick or treat you this weekend to make up for all the others you had to miss. Glad to know you got out for a bit today, it was such a beautiful day! Everyday I think of you and Mike and the journey you are in the midst of, knowing that the good Lord is there helping you to prepare for each new day! Stay strong, prayers and thoughts are with you always.

    love and hugs to all,
    Barb
    I was thinking about all the great Halloween Parades we attended oh so many years ago...we were quite scary I might add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween!!! Hope you had a good day and enjoyed getting out for a bit:)
    Rudy and Mulligan enjoyed the trick or treaters. A few even let them stick their noses down in the bag:)
    Always thinking of you both,
    Mike and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kidos were three blind mice. So cute. We would have stopped by if we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and Mike had a good day. I know how much Mike likes to be with Andy and it gave you a chance to do some things. Have a good day tomorrow as well.

    Hugs,
    Molly

    P.S. Boo, Rudy!!

    ReplyDelete